Interview Social Sign Ups
Please sign up to with socialize applicants both during the interview day and the night before! Applicants love meeting you all 🙂 !
Resident Interview Social Sign–Up
As the holiday season approaches, a few reminders regarding shift swaps (to get them approved quicker!)
-Within the email, please include the block and campus for each shift you are requesting to change.
-All participants in a swap need to confirm their agreement with the swap prior to approval
-All swaps need to adhere to duty hour guidelines:
- <60 hours in a week, measured Sunday-Saturday
- 12 hours off between 12 hour shifts, 8 hours off between 8 hour shifts
- >70% conference attendance, averaged over the year
As volumes increase and our bay’s get busier, quick reminder to ensure that you close the loop with the attending prior to placing a discharge order.
PGY4s, please ensure the attending has seen the patient prior to having juniors place discharge orders.
Columbia Quality Newsletter
See email 11/20 with Columbia quality newsletter attached.
Up-triage from Urgent Care (D)
We would like to remind you of the appropriate workflow when up-triaging a patient from D bay to a main bay for their evaluation:
- Ensure we are not in surge protocol, when Area D takes stable ESI 3’s
- D bay attending should give verbal sign out to the receiving bay attending
- D bay provider team should complete an MSE note and place pertinent orders prior to transfer
- Please let AA and triage nurse know of your plan to up-triage a patient
Busy surge days typically means D bay takes stable patients requiring more complex, main bay work ups. The AA should be communicating this is real time to the D bay team.
No Conference, Happy Thanksgiving!
Shout out to Christian (and Manish) for presenting at the World Academic Congress of Emergency Medicine!
Chief On Call
David Chu, M.D.
EM Chiefs’ Cell: 917-410-1056
Please call and do not text/ email so we can address issues promptly.
If you do not hear back within 10 minutes, then call any of the other chiefs.